Friday, July 11, 2008

What does it take?!

So M didn't call for a week. I continued about my business. I would go to the store I saw him at, almost daily to get fuel for the ambulance I was driving, but I wouldn't go into the store.

Eventually I gave up even that pretense and went into the store, "to get Aquafina." He, to my surprise, was watching me walk around the store and apologized for not calling me and told me he "lost my number." He seemed very serious and I did not believe him. He asked for the number again and we made an appointment for him to call, which he broke.

Let me make a long story short. We met in November, he took my number in December, and it took until January for him to call me. When he did finally decide to call, it was my first night out to a birthday party. He called and I was not home. I called him back and we made another appointment for him to call me when he got off work, "after midnight."

This time he called. We talked for almost three hours. I listened to him cook, we talked about my school, his job. . .we talked about what he liked to eat, we even hit the "do you drink/smoke/streetwalk for extra cash." Oh, wait, not that last one, but everything else.

He made me laugh and we decided to keep calling each other. . .so, I had a date, every night after midnight, for a phone call.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I got here thru L-Oman's blog. I didn't know you were blogging. I read all of your archive. can't wait to read more! cool that your dad speaks Hindi. So, can he chat with your husband? I studied Hindi, too! How's the Urdu coming along these days, anyway?

    your husband sounds like a really nice guy. so shy at first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I've read the archives and I'm following this closely now. :)

    xx

    Cherie (from the forums)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LF: Yeah, dad does speak Hindi with M. . .M gets really embarrassed about it and worried that he's going to say something my dad doesn't understand. . .but they seem to make do. My Urdu is still elementary. . .wish I could get a class. . .I'm good with that and not self study so much.

    MissS: Long time no see!

    Pixie: I hope I can get up the gumption to keep writing it. I stall out when I think it starts sounding campy and boring. LOL

    ReplyDelete