Friday, July 11, 2008

M

M was interesting to me. He was kind of a mystery and I think that was why I liked him. In the beginning, I would only see him at the store where I met him. He would ask me questions, and I would go about my day.

Eventually he asked me for my phone number and I had a moment's hesitation before giving it to him. I mean, who gives a guy they meet in a gas station their phone number? I just thought that it wouldn't make a very good "meeting" story, and would sound kind of funny on the news: "22 year old Paramedic killed by man she gave her phone number to in a gas station."

It was not a headline I thought my mother would appreciate reading. When I hesitated he had this look in his eye that won me over. He looked so,

innocent?

hopeful?

sweet?

honest?

I don't know what it was in his eyes, but I did give him my telephone number, and he told me he was going to call.

He didn't.

1 comment:

  1. "I mean, who gives a guy they meet in a gas station their phone number?"----Oh Oh I know the answer to that....it would be Ummm ME

    ReplyDelete