Monday, February 22, 2010

Memory Lane

I've been asked over and over why I didn't "cut and run" when everything started happening. . .why I didn't just give up. I would sit and remember things we did together before things happened in Pakistan. For example, we went through this phase where M would randomly pull a "movie moment."

One of our movie moments came when I visited M at work. It was raining very hard and I had just gotten off work. I changed out of my uniform and into regular clothes. I went to say hi and M was really excited to walk me out to my car. It was funny to see the expression on his face as he walked me out. I was trying to run to my car but he pulled me back to him. We're standing in the pouring rain when he pulled me close and kissed me. I could feel the rush even past the cold water running through my hair and drenching my clothes. Hundreds of memories (a little less cheesy than that) kept me waiting for him to return.

3 comments:

  1. you know, one thing about non pakistanis involved with pakistanis. there seems to be before and after periods of life. before pakistan and after pakistan. when youre fighting to be with the person you love and they have to return home, it just changes things forever! its one helluva ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, I know what you mean.
    P.S. I've been reading your blog for 2 hours straight, not a bad way to spend a sick day in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete