Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Reeling" Me Back In. . . .

While M was gone I was not in the best of health. I've never experienced something so completely physical caused by something so emotional since. I was unable to eat normally. I would wake up in the morning with a nervous stomach ache. I would go to work at 9am and by 2:00 pm I was able to eat something. I would eat a small meal and most every day, I vomited it right back up.

Thinking back to it, it is quite inexplicable. It was a depression that I cannot rationally describe because looking back it seems quite ridiculous. It resulted in a 30 lb weight-loss that was actually quite obvious. I had been working while M was gone and had also gone back to attending graduate school. I was doing a Master's in Teaching, working my two Paramedic jobs and doing a short practicum for school. My luck was always that my Paramedic schedule was very flexible and that college schedules always give ample breaks.

It was the very next day that after my lashing out that M called me back. He said that he just wanted to let me know that he was flying into Montreal on January 13. He told me that he didn't care if I came or not, that he had a lot of "decisions to make" and that he would "find a way home" even if I didn't come, but that he thought I would want to know after such a long time.

It was obvious to me that this was his way of making a plea. We talked for a few minutes and I told him that I would be there. I was quite afraid that he was going to let me down again, but at the same time, I could not refuse. It was completely impossible. I had waited too long and dreamt too often of seeing him again. The things I said the day before were clouding us both, as was the obvious overhanging of the past five months. Nonetheless, I again rearranged my schedule and planned for a week of travel time. I knew that he would come back home with me. There was no doubt in my mind.

6 comments:

  1. omg...ok so you picked him up and.....................

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I keep thinking is you must REALLY love this guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange how life works, right? If I'd had an ounce of sense in my head, I'd have run away. . . irrational. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one ever said that love is rational CMM. My completely irrational love for my husband allowed me to get on an airplane and fly to a state 1400 miles away to marry a man that I'd never met in person before. Seven years later and our love is still going strong. Screw rational thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ameeen to that ummabdurRahman!!! my irrational love for my pak/brit fellow is driving me to plan a long life with him, uproot me and my young daughter and become a proper british lady, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing about loving a Pakistani is rational.. I think we can all agree. :)

    ReplyDelete